Friday, March 05, 2010

Visitors From The North

My friends Rico and Sandy arrived yesterday from Minneapolis, land of 10,000 frozen solid lakes. A place where frozen food comes fresh from the garden.

Arriving In Paradise


Having gotten up at about 2:00 AM to catch their early morning flight I am sure they wanted nothing more than to just unwind on the beach. Of course I had other plans.

Party, Party, Party


I had invited a bunch of people, Marge and Wayne, Bill and Marcie, and Paul and Sharon to come over for frozen margaritas, jello shots and snacks to welcome the new arrivals.

Rico, Sandy, Wayne, Sharon and Paul


Bill, Marcie and Marge


I was particularly impressed with Marge who managed to coordinate her outfit with the frozen margaritas I had made.

Always Fashionable


I made some dynamite jellos shots. At least I thought so. Lime jello and Apple Pucker with little umbrellas. Wayne looked a little disappointed that I managed to get the lion's share.

Not Happy At All


Actually, they weren't all for me. I know how much Bill likes his umbrella drinks so I generously presented them to him. He teared up with joy.

Happy Happy Joy Joy


I also made some goopy kind of thick cheese and chorizo fondue thing. It was good if you scooped some up and put it on a taco chip and then stuck it in the microwave for about 10 seconds.

Scooping The Goop


It was a great party that didn't end until Wayne was throwing up in the sink and the Mysterious Chinese Woman was trying, unsuccessfully, to walk a straight line.

The Perfect Ending


Okay, that was a bit of an exageration. Wayne wasn't throwing up and the Mysterious Chinese Woman always looks like she is trying to walk a straight line.

It was a nice little get-together and I promised Rico and Sandy that today we could just relax on the beach. Let's see how that works out.

No comments: