Sunday, February 28, 2010

Peter At Pipi's

The oft ignored - or so HE claims - Peter had his day last week, we celebrated his birthday at Pipi's. I have written about Pipi's before. It is a bit touristy, but in a good way. You get generous portions of very good food at a reasonable price. Their drinks, although touristy large, don't lack for alcoholic content and are delicious. And the service is always very good and exceptionally friendly.

Peter Heading To His Fate And Fete


And More Of The Crowd Following Along


They make a delicious guacamole thing right at your table and you can tell them if you want more or less of any of the ingredients. I wanted to get a picture of the process but, as you can see, it was Peter's day.

Look At Me! Look At Me!


That is Marcie and Bill sitting to the left, but then you probably already knew that. And you can just see a bit ot the Mysterious Chinese Woman peeking at the process. Or, perhaps, staring at Peter. Hey, let's give the nod to Peter because, after all, it is HIS day.

This, in my opinion, is a much better picture of the guacamole guy.

Don't You Agree?


But, back to Peter.

Peter And Marie About To Enjoy Their Drinks


Hmm, it looks like Marie found her's a bit on the sour side. Or maybe Peter said something to her about hogging the picture.

Smile!!!


And here is Peter's brother Tom and his lovely wife Bella enjoying their drinks.

Just Yummy


And, of course -

Bar Man And The Mysterious Chinese Woman


Bill and Marcie were with us as well but were sitting in the back and I didn't get a close-up of them. I hope I will be forgiven.

We were serenaded by a couple of gentlemen playing something that sounded like "One Ton-A-Manure" or something like that. I suspect it has something to do with the number of small farms in the area.

One Ton-A-Manure


All our meals were delicious, and to give you an idea of the size of the helpings, here is Bella's salad.

And, You Can Eat The Bowl


Here is another picture of Bella, just because I like taking pictures of her and she likes to have her picture taken.

Bella And Her Main Course


But, and what have I been thinking, back to Peter. It was his birthday, after all. And so he got the obigatory cake served to him by the more-than-willing staff.

Open Wide


But you knew it wouldn't be as simple as that. Why decorate the cake when you can -

Decorate Peter


But Peter was rewarded for being a good sport about the whole thing.

Salud


One of the waiters volunteered to take a group picture so we do have one that includes Bill and Marcie.

The Whole Crowd


And finally, after a couple of hours of fun and food, it was time to head back home.

All Good Things


Just another fun-filled day in Puerto Vallarta and just another reason why I love to come here every year.

And a quick change of the subject. You know when you see someone make fun of how an attempt at an English translation of a foreign languge sign sometimes looks funny? Well, my interpretation of the dangerous bridge sign left a bit to be desired.



I translated it as:




DANGER
NO USE!!
CROSS LOWLANDS
IT'S VERY RISKY


That "cross lowlands" didn't make much sense even when I wrote it. A more appropriate translation should have been:



DANGER
NO USE!!
CROSS UNDER
VERY HIGH RISK


Not that that translation made me feel any better.

My friend Sharon, the one who waded across the river rather than crossing the bridge the last time we visited Boca, showed up yesterday. Her only comment was "See, I told you so."

Yeah, but I didn't have to change my pants.

It's Up To My, Uh, Well, My...

No comments: