Sunday, February 08, 2009

Deck Dinner

First, let me say, it is all about the eggs.

My World Famous Deviled Eggs


Bought the eggs the day before, rotated them to center the yolks, hard-boiled to perfection, and made with my unique, today only, recipe. Mustard, of course, mayonaise, some creamy horseradish sauce, and a couple of spoonfulls of an adobe sauce. Then sprinkled with a Mexican spice mixture. Quite delicious, if I do say so myself.

But, I am gettng ahead of the story. The Mysterious Chinese Woman and I have been coming down here to Puerto Vallata for about 10 years or so. Me, closer to twenty-five. Now, when we get down here and meet our friends the refrain is always the same. It seems like you have never left. All of our friends that we only see when we are here are, where else, here.

So, after hanging out for several days we decided to have a dinner party on the deck. Everyone brought something and I brought, guess what, deviled eggs.

Just some random shots of the party. We had everything from baked beans to sausages and cheese to rotisserie chicken bought from across from Rizo's supermarket and served with fried peppers and onions to the ultimate dessert, brownies with Hagen Daz ice cream and a homemade chocolate sauce.

Just a bunch of pictures of a lot of long-time Puerto Vallarta friends having a wonderful evening together and the food we got to enjoy.













We had such a great time we thought we should do this every Saturday night. Then we remembered that next Saturday is Valentine's Day and we are all going out to dinner. We are having our next one on the 21st of February and it will have an Italian theme. Why, I don't know, but this is what was decided. Now I have to come up with an Italian recipe for deviled eggs.

Puerto Vallarta, my home away from home. Or, is it that Brooklyn is my home away from home. Sometimes I forget.

No comments: