Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Trouble Is Here



Well, I knew I should have saved bars close to home for the final stretch, but I didn't, and now there is a subway strike. I guess I am going to have to do some serious hoofing. Children, let this be a lesson.

By the way, I found another translation of "The Panther." This one is by Stephen Cohn and I think I might like it a bit more, seems to more accurately reflect my state of mind.

"The bars which pass and strike across his gaze
have stunned his sight: the eyes have lost their hold.
To him it seems there are a thousand bars,
a thousand bars and nothing else. No World."


Murph's Bar Guide did a nice little promotion for my 1000th bar, you can check it out here:

  • <>
  • 1 comment:

    Bar Man said...

    I am impressed by someone who is so busy they didn't have time to read the entire posting, it was so very long.