Monday, August 01, 2005

750th BAR PARTY AT DUFF'S

I headed out to my sister-in-law's house in New Jersey for the week-end to celebrate another sister-in-law's birthday. Great fun, good eats (I again pulled duty as the master smoker), noisy children, and ice-cream cake. The only down side is that I had no time to hit bars and probably won't get to my next one until tomorrow. I thought I would take the opportunity to again post a reminder to clear your calendar for August 20th when there will be a party at Duffs in Williamsburg, bar number 750 on my march toward 1000.

Duff's is on North 3rd and Kent about one block from the East River. It has an outdoor area where, I believe, there may be a BBQ of some sort. At the very least it provides a place to have a smoke. Jimmy Duff, the owner, has agreed to an early, for him, 4:00 P.M. opening and has assured me that everyone will have a great time.

Williamsburg is easily reached by subway, either the L from Manhattan or the G from Brooklyn. The bar is a scenic walk away once you arrive. Just don't get so distracted by the numerous bars you might pass that you fail to show.

This should be a real hoot because I understand Jimmy can throw one hell of a party.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi barman. The Mural in The Bull McCabe Bar in Clinton is not depicting wild west characters but characters from The Field by JB Keane, one of which is The Bull McCAbe himself. He is the guy with the white hair and beard. Hope you don't mind you pointing this out.

Terry. TjcCBB@aol.com