Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Here We Go Again

And yet another egotistical professional athelete who has to be paid more than anyone else in his position.  Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, who has been offered $120 million over ten years, won't accept the offer because Nnamdi Asomugha, cornerback for Oakland, will average $16.5 million over the next two years.

Meanwhile, a family of four attending a Jet's game and sitting in some of the cheaper seats at $120 a pop, paying $25 for parking, $8.75 for a beers, $6 for hot dogs, $5 for French fries can expect to drop about $600 to go to a game.  And that is before paying thousands for a PSL.

I am begining to hate professional sports.  Although I did just subscribe to Sports Illustrated so I could get a Vikings jacket.  Now, now my Jets fan buddies, I already have a couple of Jets jackets and I promise to only occasionally wear the Vikings jacket to torment you.

And the hundred or so Knicks tee-shirts I have (handed out for free back when I used to go to the games) are great for wearing to the gym and for dusting.

Meanwhile, Tiger Woods after refusing to say he would accept a captain's pick for the Ryder Cup because he would play his way onto the team, has back-tracked.  Doesn't sound like he is quite so confident in himself anymore.

The only bright spot concerning "professional sports" is that Linda McMahon won the Connecticut GOP Senate primary yesterday.  Does anyone but me see a Palin/McMahon Presidential ticket in the future?

No comments: