Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Back To Lisbon

On our first trip to Sinatra we wanted to stop at Lawrence's, a very nice restaurant in a hotel.  Unfortunately, it didn't open until later in the afternoon.  But we did spot what looked like a nice little restaurant up the hill a bit.

Patco do Garret


After a bit of a hike, everything seems to be a bit of a hike, we arrived and, thankfully, it was open.

The Somewhat Misleading Entrance


The entrance is misleading because it is at street-level.  However, because the restaurant is built on such a steep hill, or cliff, or whatever, you walk down into a fairly large restaurant with a very nice outside eating area.

The Outside Eating Area


As I am sure you can imagine, I worked up quite a thirst hiking up here.  And they had just what I needed to quench it.

Hitting The Spot


The view was quite pretty up here, and then my view was even prettier.

A Pretty View


There specialty up here was fresh fish prepared on an outside grill.  I can attest to both the freshness of the fish and the outside grill.

The Master Of The Grill


For some reason I didn't take any pictures of our food, but it was very good indeed.  Nothing fancy, just fresh fish served right from the grill.  It doesn't get much better than that.

It is too bad that it takes so long to get to so many places.  It sometimes makes me a bit sad when I know it is unlikely that I will ever get back to a restaurant like this.  Everyone was friendly, the food was delicious, the prices reasonable and a nice location.  I would like to be a regular here but, alas, it shall not be.

Tomorrow I will post about Lawrence's.  When we returned to Sintra to visit Palacia da Pena it was open and we had a mighty fine meal.  Hare pie for me.  I also have pictures of Palacia da Pena and much more so there will probably several more posts about Lisbon before I am done.

No comments: