Wednesday, June 03, 2009

When In Brooklyn...

When in Brooklyn do as, well, as the Greeks do. At least when it is time for the annual (although I swear they have more than one of these a year) Greek Festival at the Greek Orthodox Church just down the block from me.

That Time Of Year, Again


I dropped by the day before the festival began and you could see where they were already starting their prep work.

A Greek's Work Is Never Done



The church has a nice courtyard in the back for tables and the roasting of the elusive goat, but most of the action is on the street.

Step Right Up


This action will really heat up on the week-end, but there was still a nice selection of food this Monday afternoon.

Grilled Chicken And Pork


Lamb Roasting Away


They also have beer and wine available for a "contribution." In the past they just sold it, but I think this must be a way to get around some kind of law. Well, Bar Man is always willing to contribute to a good cause.

A Very Good Cause


I opted for the lamb gyro, and it was a good opt.

Messy, But Delicious


I am sure I will hit the festival again. It would be hard not to seeing as how I have to walk through it every day. But then that is one of the things I love about where I live, there is always something going on.

1 comment:

Katie said...

OH YUM! : )