Monday, January 03, 2005

Court Street Crawl

Decided to take a walk up Court Street, one block over from where I live, and stop at the bars along the way until I hit five. Ended up hitting a couple more because I stopped at two on the way back. A bit of a longer walk than I had anticipated because, for some reason, a lot of places didn't open until 4:00 P.M. and I started my journey at 2:00 P.M.

5) Cody's Ale House Grill

What a surprise, another typical Irish Bar in Brooklyn on Court Street. It has been here forever though so it is authentic. Soccer on half the TVs and ESPN on the other half. Country Western music in the background. What more could you want.

I had a Stella Artois

6) Cousins

Got there about 2:30 P.M. but the place doesn't open until 4:00 P.M. on Mondays. They owner recognized me and let me in for a drink though. Nice place on the corner of Court Street and Amity Street. Big windows all the way around. Nice place for a drink, good place for a brunch.

I had a Dewars and Soda.

7) Lobo Tex-Mex Tequila Bar

Also on Court Street, as all the bars today will be.

A small four table restaurant with a decent sized bar and a nice selection of Tequilas, at least 35 different ones that I saw. I probably should have had one but I didn't. The food looked and smelled good so it is a place that I may very well return to one day. Good vintage rock and roll on the sound system. Martha and the Vandellas, Hoo Boy.

I had a Dewars and Soda

8) Frankie's 457

This was a bit of a hike but well worth it. I had eaten here before and the food was very good. A real neighborhood place, Italian. Small, cozy, friendly bartendress.

I had a Dewars and Soda

9) Mexcal's

A nice small Mexican bar/restaurant with a lot of tequilas. Television was tuned to a Mexican station so it seemed authentic.

I had a Margaritta on the rocks with salt.

10) Marco Polo Restuarant

Actually a very nice Italian restaurant but has a nice small bar tucked just inside the doorway.

I had a Maker's Mark Manhattan, Perfect, Straight-up.

11) Casa Rosa

Another nice little Italian restaurant with a very nice little bar. My last stop before I toddled on home.

I had a Dewars and Soda

Only 989 left to go.