Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Stinky Brooklyn

I thought Stinky Brooklyn, a cheese shop on Smith Street and their affiliated Smith & Vine were having a little affair with sandwiches, cheese, and a cheese-eating contest. I misunderstood what was going on. It was a full blown

Street Fair


In fact Stinky Brooklyn didn't have anything going on at their place. In fact they were closing up because of the cheese eating contest down the street somewhere.

But, I Wanted To Buy Some Cheese


But no big deal, there was plenty going on. I think the street fairs here in my neighborhood are some of the best in all of New York because they feature food from local restaurants and local artisans presenting their wares. I didn't see a single Italian Sausage stand and at some street fairs you will see a dozen or more.

I Love Grills And Smokers


There were some pretty interesting things for sale as well. If I had a bit more room one of these would have been nice, whatever they were.

Every Home Should Have One


I Guess They Are Clocks


And the guy who makes these things proudly showed them off and seemed pleased that I liked them. A bit disappointed that I didn't buy anything, but he didn't seem too eager to get rid of anything either.

Proudly Displaying His Wares


And then there was a bit of a Mexican feel about the fair as well. This is the kind of stuff you see in Puerto Vallarta.

Hats Anyone?


Or A Basket, Perhaps?


Well, you just know there would have to be something that I would like enough to buy, and this place had some uniquely New York and Brooklyn stuff.

Bags



And Purses 

Now don't get excited, I only bought a mouse pad.

There was a lot more going on and I promise I will post about the rest of it tomorrow, so be sure to stay tuned.