Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Clearing Up Some Confusion

In my last post I made reference to eating mussels at Bar Tabac, no matter what Anthony Bourdain says.  I did not mean to imply that Anthony Bourdain ever said anything bad about Bar Tabac.  It was in reference to an opinion that he has stated regarding eating mussels in restaurants in general.

In an article titled Things To Avoid When Eating In Restaurants he said:

"I don't eat mussels in restaurants unless I know the chef, or have seen, with my own eyes, how they store and hold their mussels for service. I love mussels. But, in my experience, most cooks are less than scrupulous in their handling of them. It takes only a single bad mussel, one treacherous little guy hidden among an otherwise impeccable group... If I'm hungry for mussels, I'll pick the good-looking ones out of your order."

You can read the article by clicking on this link:

Beware The Mussels

The article is an extract from his book  Kitchen Confidential: Adventures In The Culinary Underbelly.

Thank you Splunge for pointing out the possible confusion in my post.

1 comment:

Splunge said...

I should have realized what you meant. I've read Kitchen Confidential and rereading that piece brings it all back. Thanks for the clarification.