Thursday, August 19, 2010

One Of Those Mornings

You ever wake up, look at the newspaper, and then want to jump right back under the covers?  This morning was one of those mornings and I don't know which of this gallimaufry is the worst:

Brett Favre un-retiring but once again swearing this will be his last year.

Lindsay Lohen getting $1 million from OK! magazine for her first post-jail-and-rehab interview.

Steven Tyler becoming a judge on American Idol.

I promise, I will post about my visit to the Lisbon aquarium later, after I recover.  Now where is my whis..., er, I mean coffee.

Oh, "gallimaufry" is a new word I learned today.  Came across it while reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  It means a jumble or medley of things and comes from the archaic French word "galimafree" that means 'unappetizing dish.'  I know this is why you read this blog, for these little tidbits of information.

By the way, I am about a third of the way through The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and am enjoying it a lot.

No comments: