Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dead Fish And Good Fish

First, the dead fish. Dead and smelly. The Knicks lost to the San Antonio Spurs last night. No big deal in and of itself. But in doing so they also assured themself of a franchise record ninth straight losing season. Yes, nine straight seasons of losing over half of their games. And they still have to win a couple more to avoid tying their two memorable 23 win seasons in 2005/2006 and 2007/2008.

And to think I used to be a Knick's fan with season tickets and everything. Funny how when management raises ticket prices while destroying a team it changes that for you. Now when a player I like, such as Nate Robinson, gets traded from the Knicks I don't get upset, I feel happy for the player.

Does anyone really think a player like LeBron would want to come to an organization as dysfunctional as the Knicks? Even though we have a stand-out center in Eddie Curry?

But on to good fish. You don't have to go all the way to Boca to get a good grilled snapper. The lady with the grill right next to where I stay turns out a mighty fine fish. And her mother did the same before her. Can't go wrong with a grill that has been in the same family for generations.

Second Generation Grill Master


We let her know a day in advance that we want the fish and she will make sure she has a couple of them for us. Usually they specialize in mahi mahi or shrimp on a stick.

Our Fish On A Stick


And they look just as good on the plate as they do grilling on a stick.

A Well-Plated Fish


I am not sure just what is drizzled over the fish to give it such a great flavor. Butter with a super-secret family spice mixture, I think.

Digging In


I am not sure if there will be a third generation of fish ladies though. This one's daughter seems to have aspirations for a life on the stage.

Sharing The Limelight, Not Squeezing Limes


That is her on stage with Kim Kuzma who is currently performing at bite me! beach club. I know, it is so precious, they don't capitalize the name of the place. Kim is a dynamite performer and gave a free two hour beach concert yesterday afternoon. Great fun and I will have more on that in another post.

No comments: