Friday, March 26, 2010

An Apology

First, let's extend a welcome to Betsy Grierson, the newest member of the Beer Party. Welcome to the party that will make a difference. To what and to whom remains to be seen.

And now for the apology. The Mysterious Chinese Woman and I went to Daiquiri Dick's for our farewell to Puerto Vallarta dinner and to cash in the dinner-for-two that I won in their Mix Off. As a result I never got around to posting about the second half of my road trip. That will have to wait until after I return home. I will also post a bit about my dinner at Daiquiri Dick's but, to be honest, I didn't take a lot of pictures.

I do want to say that Daiquiri Dick's certainly made good on their prize. They paid for the before dinner drinks, two appetizers, both of our meals, and a dessert for the Mysterious Chinese Woman and an after-dinner flaming coffee for me. We went with another couple, Bill and Marcie, and our waiter said that they could have desserts on the house as well. Unfortunately they were too full for dessert, although Marcie did eat some of the Mysterious Chinese Woman's most delicious Key Lime Pie.

The food was delicious, from the Won Ton Shrimp and the Fried Calamari appetizers to the meals themselves and the dessert and coffee afterwards. Speaking just for myself, the Flank Steak that I had was one of the tastiest and tenderest that I have ever eaten, and done to perfection, medium rare. Everyone else said their food was delicious as well.

A heartfelt thank you to Daiquiri Dick's for the most generous prize.

No comments: