Wednesday, August 06, 2008

New PC

Okay, I know, I have been remiss about posting lately. I promise that I will post about my last day in Rome tomorrow. Really, I will.

I just bought a new PC, the HP TouchSmart, and I am in the process of installing it. Well, actually, the installation was a piece of cake. Pretty much just plugged it in and hooked it up to my internet. Then I changed the name of the workgroup to match my existing one and viola, everything connected. It automatically found everthing, even my Lacie BigDisk NAS device. Given that the HP has 500 gigs of memory and Lacie has a terabyte, I think I am pretty well set for storage for awhile.

Now I am migrating over some of my application programs and that is what is taking me a lot of time. Some of them need to be replaced because they are old and not Vista compatible. Others need to have updates downloaded. Kind of a pain, but it will be worth it. I can replace two of my networked PCs with this one. Plus it has a cool 22 inch screen and, as the name implies, touch screen technology.

It will take me awhile to get used to the touch screen technology. I feel more comfortable with the mouse at this point. I can see where the touch screen is neat for some stuff, but I will probably move into it gradually.

Okay, back to work. The last day of Rome will appear sometime tomorrow morning though, I promise.

No comments: