Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Singers and Dancers

There is always something going on in Puerto Vallarta if you look for it, and sometimes you don't have to look very hard. The other night the daughter and son-in-law of one of the people who stay at Playa del Sol where we stay put on a nice little poolside concert. They are both professional musicians and songwriters so it was a lot better than you ordinary hootenanny.

Invitation To A Concert


You couldn't have asked for a better setting, right on the deck with the bay to the left and the sun beginning to set in the sky.

Let Us Entertain You


They were quite good in a way that reminded me of coffee houses back in the sixties. They hail from San Francisco so maybe that is still the scene there. Living in relatively hard-edged Brooklyn now I kind of miss the mellower times.

The concert ended just as the setting sun provided us with another beautiful sunset.

Sunset Over The Bay


As I said, there is always something to see or do here. Just a few nights ago there were dancers performing at a new ampitheater in front of a park just a few blocks from where we are staying. It was kind of dark and by the time I got there all of the good seats were taken. I did manage to get a few pictures though.

Mexican Dancers




I couldn't help but notice the similarity to a statue on the Malecon so I decided to orchestrate my own little dance with them.

Poetry Not In Motion






I had some great oysters on the street the other day, huge and almost a half an inch thick. No just slurking them down, you had to cut them in half and eat them with a fork. Stay tuned, pictures will be coming along with those of a nocturnal visit to El Brujo and the surprize that awaited me. Don't get too excited, it isn't going to be a real big surprise.

Oh, tonight there is an eclipse of the moon and maybe I will get some pictures of that. I just have a point and shoot digital camera though so don't expect anyhting too spectacular.

No comments: