Friday, December 30, 2005

Bar Number 1000 - The Begining

1000) Pioneer Bar



Well, the big night finally arrived, and it turned out to be much bigger than I anticipated. Not just because of the large number of friends who showed up, but because of the media coverage. It was a bit overwhelming.

I got to Pioneer a bit after 5:00 P.M. but my stated goal was to have my drink to make the bar official at 6:00 P.M. Some of the press was waiting when I arrived so I ended up being interviewed as I nursed a club soda.

Meeting The Media


It was champagne all around at 6:00 P.M. and the media was there to capture it all.

Capturing The Moment


When the excitement started to abate I was finally able to have my drink and make it official, Pioneer was bar number 1000 and my quest, but not the party, had officially come to an end.

Mysterious Chinese Woman And Bar Man Make It Official


The party went on well into the night and I will post again with more pictures of the evenings festivities. It was a great night and I really want to thank everyone who showed up, David, the owner of Pioneer for hosting the event, and all of you who read this and send me emails or post comments, it was really gratifying to know that what I was doing provided some enjoyment.

2 comments:

josh williams said...

I started my blog in June and discovered yours. An inspiration, you are like Lewis and Clark all rolled into one, but with more comfortable accomadations. Congrats! JW

thisismarcus said...

Long time listener, first time caller: I can't believe you only have one comment. Congratulations x 1000!