Saturday, July 23, 2005

Partying With The People

Today was a great party that kicked off, for some of us, shortly before noon. Plenty of food and drink. As the day wore on I spotted a bottle of Old Overholt Straight Rye Whiskey. You do don’t see this too often so I picked up the bottle to take a closer look. Fred said that it was a key ingredient in the Delaware Club Cocktail. The Delaware Club is a hunting club that was started by, among others, Fred’s father. Anyway, I said it was too bad that this wasn’t a bar so I could count the drink. Aha, little did I know, there was a bar in the basement, and a good sized bar too.

675) Fred And Shirley’s Dollhouse Bar

Bar Man, Mike, And Hosts Shirley And Fred


The Same Crowd But With Mary Visible


Art, Kathy, Bar Man And Fred


The Mysterious Chinese Woman Makes An Appearance


Well, it might not have been the fanciest bar I have ever been to, but it was a lot better than some, and very, shall we say homey. The clientele was most friendly and the bartender was pretty good too, serving up his special Delaware Club Cocktails. A pretty decent sized L shaped bar with a metal edged yellow Formica top and brown wood front. Regular old, if somewhat mismatched, barstools too. The most notable decoration was the large, elaborately furnished dollhouse that sat at one end of the bar.



I had a Delaware Club Cocktail, Old Overholt Straight Rye Whiskey and Peppermint Schnapps. I actually had several of these and the Mysterious Chinese Woman had to roll me back to the hotel when the night was over(about six blocks away and all downhill). I must make a note to replenish their bar the next time I visit.

Not a bad weekend, a total of four bars making it 675 for the year and leaving 325 to go.

4 comments:

Bar Man said...

Art is one cool dude.

Lisa said...

Why was there a dollhouse on the bar? I am dying to know!

Bar Man said...

Ah, because the name of the bar is Fred and Shirley's Doll House Bar? However, I suspect that it is just a convenient place to store the dollhouse now that their girls are all grown and have children of their own, who are also too old to play with a dollhouse.

Lisa said...

1000 Bars Man, you are too polite! I am totally embarrassed to have missed the name of the bar. But it was only because I was too eager to read your description and tales of your adventures to stop to read the bar name!