Thursday, February 04, 2010

A Very Brief Update

The weather cleared up today and this evening I saw my first sunset since I got here. My internet connection ranges from horrible to none. No modem available for a DSL connection this year and because I am in the back of the building the wireless is almost useless. As a result I haven't been able to upload any pictures. Tomorrow I will hit an internet cafe so I can upload the pictures that I have and post something of a bit more interest.

Nobody has ever seen anything like the weather we have had the last two days, not this time of year. Constant rain, thunder and lightning, and very high winds. We lost about a dozen umbrellas from the pool deck area and the beach.

Today it was a bit overcast and we did get a shower, also unusual for this time of year, but not unheard of. It cleared up in the afternoon but is quite cool again this evening. Supposedly things will return to normal by tomorrow.

I feel sorry for the people who are just here for a week.

No comments: