Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Senor Sweeny's

The other day a bunch of us went to one of my favorite places, Senor Sweeny's.

Marie About To Enter


I have been going here for years, as I am sure those of you who follow my blog are well aware. It is a nice place to sit and have a beer or a really good and relatively inexpensive meal. Sadly, this year they don't open until 4:00 PM so you can't go there for lunch anymore. I talked to Sweeny and he said that business is down again this year even after a bad last year. Not just his place, but in Puerto Vallarta as a whole. Not too suprising with the economy being what it is.

Well, the economy be damned, we enjoyed ourselves anyway.

Bill, Marie And Peter


The Mysterious Chinese Woman, Bar Man And Marie


Sweeny's is known for their double cut porkchop. Make sure you allow twenty minutes for its preparation. A wait made easy if you are enjoying a few beers and/or margaritas.

Well Worth The Wait


This was the porkchop The Mysterious Chinese Woman ordered. It is served on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes and a generous helping of veggies. It was so big I ate the half she brought home for breakfast the next morning.

Delicioso, As Usual


I broke with tradition and ordered the shrimp shish kebab, and it made for a mighty fine meal.

Shrimp On A Stick, Just Like At The Fair


The shrimp was wrapped in bacon and drizzled with a flavorful barbecue sauce. It also came with the potatoes and veggies.

All and all it was a mighty fine meal. I hope business picks up for everyone next year. It is kind of nice not to have all of the bars and restaurants jam packed, but I hate to see the businesses suffer. Kind of a double whammy this year what with both the economy reducing the number of visitors and the couple of weeks of bad weather that kept a lot of people off the beach and out of the restaurants. I think all the news about drug violence in Mexico has had an impact as well, although Puerto Vallarta has been pretty much unaffected.

Last night we had our spaghetti dinner and I will try to get those pictures uploaded tonight and post them for you tomorrow.

No comments: