Monday, April 06, 2009

A Leftover Monday

The day wasn't entirely leftovers. For breakfast I had a bowl of oatmeal with raisins and dried bananas and a grapefruit.

A Healthy And Hearty Breakfast


Leftovers did play a predominate roll in my lunch, however. I pulled out the good old pork shoulder and sliced off enough meat for a decent sandwich.

My Sandwich Makings


I heated up the pork in the microwave and toasted the bread. Then I simply put the pork on the toast and slathered it with mustard.

You Gots To Like Mustard


Then I put it all together and sliced it on the diagonal. Plopped it on a plate with a raw carrot and, voila, my lunch.

My Manwich


Dinner was almost all leftovers. I had the leftover pasta with some cheese on top and the other half of the acorn squash with some broccoli. Stuck the stuff in the microwave and ding, ding, my dinner.

Pre-Microwave


Post-Microwave


Tomorrow I am going to try to concoct some kind of a thick bean soup or stew or something with the remainder of the pork shoulder. I will also have to go get some more bananas. I miss my peanut butter and banana sandwiches for lunch.

No comments: