Friday, July 23, 2010

Headin' Out

Heading to the Mysterious Sister-In-Law's place for a multiple day barbecue and, probably, a Red Dead Redemption marathon.  My brother-in-law, Jim, plays while I watch and holler out advice like "Don't shoot the deputy, it will ruin your reputation."  Not that he ever listens, though.  He would shoot Bonnie, if he could.

In the same vein, video games, my WoW account was hijacked and all of my higher level toons stripped of everything of value.  And my level 2 trader had her bank raided.  The hacking of WoW has become an epidemic.  Even guild banks have been looted.  They must have some bad security problems because in the over five years that I have had an Everquest account I never had a problem.

The interesting thing is that when Blizzard changed their log-in procedures to use your email address instead of a user-name that you made up I predicted that this would lead to a rash of account hijacking.  And I wasn't alone.  Just do a Google of "WoW hacking" or 'WoW account hijacking" and you will see what I mean.

Anyway, probably no more posts until Monday.  But I still have a lot more on Lisbon that I will be posting next week, so stay tuned.

No comments: