Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Work Is Never Done

Ah, one of my favorite days of the year. St. Patrick's Day. I love getting up early in the morning and going to mass to celebrate the..., Oh, wait a minute, What am I thinking? I had to get up early and do advance preparation of the green frozen margaritas for our pre-visit to Sweeny's for corn beef and cabbage party.

There will, of course, be more on this later, but I thought I would give you an advance peek at my day.

Got up early and prepared the basic pre-mixture ingredients for my green frozen margaritas.


A Mess For The Mysterious Chinese Woman


After fiddling a bit I got it down to a pitcher of my secret mix. Two parts of that with one part of tequila and an equal amount of ice in the blender and away we go. I have to make the margaritas easy to whip up because I will have to make a bunch of them in a hurry when people begin to show up around 11:00 AM.

And then, the most difficult part of the job:

The Taste Test - Green Apple Margaritas


They tasted good to me so now all I have to do is queue up The Pogues and wait for the party to begin.

Everyone have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day and I will post more about mine tomorrow.

And remember, the Beer Party is going green today (I will change my shirt later).

No comments: