Sunday, March 14, 2010

Beer Party

I am sick and tired of the Tea Party and I am sure it won't take me long to get fed up with the new, excuse me while I puke, Coffee Party. Come on people, get a life.

I, on the other hand, am encouraging everyone to join my Beer Party. We will basically do what these other parties do, which is to generally bitch about whatever is going on in Washington, offer no real solutions, and accomplish nothing. The difference, is we will do it while drinking beer in bars. I mean, isn't this what we usually do anyway. At least when we aren't talking sports or trying to pick up a member of the opposite, or same, sex. Hey, the Beer Party is all inclusive.

To support my, er, I mean our Beer Party you can make a donation to the cause by clicking the donate button below. I assure you, all money collected will be put to good use to further our mutual goals of drinking beer and complaining about how the country is going to hell in a handbasket and things sure aren't like they were when I was a kid.







You can always visit me at my headquarters at Pete's Waterfront Ale House on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn and, depending upon if there is any money left after, ahem, administrative expenses, I might even treat you to a beer.

Campaign Headquarters


The Party Machine


My Foreign Affairs Advisor


Deep In Discussion


Calling A Meeting To Order


A Typical Meeting Agenda


I will be sure to keep you posted on our ongoing activities. I anticipate big things like tee-shirts and maybe even baseball caps. Hey, the skies the limit (Is that grammatically correct?).

Like any grass roots party I am eager to recruit those willing to follow the Beer Party line which is, well, basically to drink beer and party. If you would like to become a card or, in this case, a coaster carrying member just let me know and I will be more than happy to enroll you.

Now let's stand up and be counted. And then let's sit down again and have another beer.

4 comments:

Katie said...

LOL!
I second this motion.
Can I be the founder of the Alaska Chapter (as I drink my club and lime)?

Bar Man said...

Hmm, you raise an interesting question, Can one be a member, let alone a chapter founder, of the Beer Party™ without drinking beer? In your case I will make an exception out of consideration for baby Bucky.

However, once you are fit for action I will expect you to lead by example.

Katie said...

I would expect nothing less for myself, and can only regret that my current condition prevents me from keeping in practice.

Maybe the real question should be, should the Alaska Chapter Founder be a post-pregnancy lightweight? I wouldn't be able to carry out any sort of meeting agenda after two Alaska Oatmeal Stouts. :\

Bar Man said...

Just send in your donation. I am sure we can work something out.