Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Any Excuse

Ah, here it is, almost eight in the morning and just about time for me to head to the "Y" for an hour or so. But I am a very lazy person and love to find excuses not to go. So here is what I have been using lately. On Thursday I head to Minnesota for the Fishing Opener and then two days after I get back I go in to have an umbilical hernia repaired. Nothing serious, just the repair of a protruding belly-button. But I won't be able to go to the gym for about four weeks after the operation. So, of course, I start to think, "Well, what difference does it make if I go today? I mean, I will be essentially starting from scratch again anyway. But, I will probably go anyway. Conflicts.

Oh, because I love to share, here is a picture of the belly-button that will be tucked in:

Peek-A-Boo


The Mysterious Chinese Woman says it makes me look like one of those turkeys with the pop-out button that lets you know when it is done. She claims it pops out when I have had enough to drink.

I want to paint a little face on it and make it look like a Jack-in-the-Box.

Stay tuned, because I will be sure to keep you updated not only on the progress of the belly-button, but on my entire belly. Usually I put on a few pounds while I am Mexico, but this year I actually lost six pounds, mostly by exercising more and drinking less beer.  I have lost another two since my return and have a goal of losing seventeen more so we shall see how it goes. Actually, by going vegetarian for two weeks after I got back and eliminating alcohol I lost another four pounds after I got back from Mexico, but I have put two of them back on. Time to get serious again.

Oh, I currently weigh 177, so my goal is to get to 160 (177 - 17 = 160, for those of you who are math challenged).

I won't post about my belly again until after my operation but I will probably post about my trip to Minnesota for the Fishing Opener before then.

Okay, the Mysterious Chinese Woman is in the bedroom doing her daily calisthenics so I am off to the "Y" after all.

No comments: