Thursday, December 23, 2010

Spooky

Well, there is a reason that the Chinese Woman is called Mysterious.  She asked me what I wanted for Christmas and, because I am a man of modest wants and, really, couldn't think of anything I just said "Why don't you get me that Rabbit cocktail shaker.  The next day I started thinking that what I should have asked for is just one of those Boston shakers like the bartenders use.

Nothing Fancy

All I needed was the metal part because I have plenty of pint glasses, mostly stolen from Molly Malone years ago when I used to live right around the corner and would routinely walk out of the place with a pint of beer for the road.

Anyway, I didn't want to say anything because I thought the Mysterious Chinese Woman may have already ordered the Rabbit for me.  When she gave me my present I was a bit surprised at how light it was.  But, when I opened it, to my delight it was just what I really wanted, and not what I asked for, a Boston shaker.  She had read some of the reviews for the Rabbit and, apparently, they weren't too favorable.  Many people complained that it leaked.  And, she had heard me talk about the Boston shaker in the past.

So there you go, I got what I really wanted, even though I didn't ask for it.

2 comments:

Splunge said...

A Happy and Healthy Christmas to you and the lovely MCW! Later today I will be hoisting at least one Maker's Old Fashioned in your honor.

John Loca said...

Sydney Mushroom Catering Offers BBQ and buffet catering for wedding and corporate events, We also provides buffet catering services for Corporate Christmas party and home events like Birthday etc.