Thursday, October 08, 2009

In The Hood

As I mentioned in a previous blog, after the Atlantic Antic had wound down we went back to my place and watched part of the Jets game then headed out to dinner. My friends like Robin des Bois aka The Sherwood Cafe. And the Mysterious Chinese Woman and I both like it as well. So that is where we went.

Robin de Bois aka The Sherwood Cafe


They do have a nice and interesting back yard and it was a beautiful evening so that is where we headed.

The Back Yard


The food here was delicious, as usual. Real French bistro type fare right in the heart of Brooklyn. And within walking distance of where I live. Hey, you just can't beat it.

I can't remember, and didn't get pictures of, what everyone had, but Bub had the seafood stew, and it was loaded with all kinds of good stuff; mussels, shrimp, clams and fish with rice in a spicy saffron tomato sauce.

Mussels In Brooklyn, Not Brussels


The Lovely Loretta had the lamb, which I think was a special, and she was very happy with it. The Mysterious Chinese Woman had the seared duck breast, a dish she usually orders here, and it was excellent, as usual.

Nice And Crispy


I had the usual, a skirt steak au poivre done just the way I like it. Delicious. And the beans and potatoes au gratin make a nice side.

My Favorite


And, of course, I enjoy enjoying my Duvel out in the open air.

What Could Be Better?


Alas, all too soon it was time to say good-bye and head our separate ways. My friends out to Long Island, me just a short walk away, and the Mysterious Chinese Woman to wherever she poofs to. At least she didn't poof in the restaurant.

About To Poof


Robin Des Bois on Urbanspoon

Well, that should be it for awhile. The Mysterious Chinese Woman and I are heading to Las Vegas tomorrow and will be there for a week. I doubt if I will be posting again until I return.

In the meantime:

Go Twins
Go Jets

No comments: