Saturday, August 22, 2009

How Embarassing

To think that I was once proud to be a Vikings fan, happy to hate our arch-enemies the Packers and, of course, Brett Favre. And I thought I was a typical Viking fan, non-swerving in my loyalties and hatred.

But no, I find that the vast majority of Vikings fans are spineless lickspittles who now embrace Favre as their new-found savior.

And I truely believed I would have to endure this kind of behavior only once in my life, when my fellow Jets fans did the same thing and turned their back on Chad Pennington, who went on and turned the Dolphins around and took them to the play-offs last year. This while our savior at the time threw as many interceptions as touchdown passes during the season including eight interceptions versus two touchdowns in the last four games. But at least the Jets fans didn't have a history of hating Green Bay and Brett. They just somehow got sucked into Brett's vortex of glory or, as I refer to it, Brett's glory hole.

Oh, but now Favre gets a standing ovation when he comes onto the field in Minnesota and then goes 1 for 4 for 4 yards against the Chiefs. And their loyal quarterback, Tarvaris Jackson, gets booed when he comes in to replace Favre.

Then Jackson goes 12 for 15, 202 yards, and two touchdowns, one a 64 yard pass to Darius Reynaud and the other a 13 yard pass to Visanthe Shiancoe.

I am betting that with Favre at the helm the Vikings don't even repeat as Division Champions this year, let alone make it to the Super Bowl.

Remember, you read it here first, and my track record with Favre is 100%, predicting last year that Miami would have a better year than the Jets and that Miami would win the last game of the season against the Jets to go to the play-offs. You can look it up.

I saw Inglourious Basterds yesterday, a very good movie. Of course I couldn't help but think that, not unlike the Nazis in the movie, Brett can take off and burn his Green Bay uniform. But he should be marked for life as a Packer.

Actually, the Nazis didn't wear Green Bay uniforms, but you know what I mean.



The scars will never heal.

1 comment:

nwniceguy said...

as a long time Packer fan, I have to say that I am surprised at how quickly the Viking fans have forgotten how often Favre killed them in the past. This only confirms how much is now riding on a once great(in green and gold), 39year old QB having a season like he hasnt had in years... remember all the 40 yard runs by Peterson can be lost with one 'gunsligner' type throw.