Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Fun Day, And A Sad One

Another day of exploring, and we were once again able to score a free ride on the Ecolobus. Not as easy as you might think. The maps that they have in the bus are not completely accurate, but we are starting to get the hang of it.

On The Road Again


Who says disco is dead? Certainly not in Quebec City.

Waiting For The Village People


Right across the street from the world's largest disco ball was a little pizza place and it was getting to be about that time.

Street-side Dining


I wasn't sure if I wanted pizza, but the Mysterious Chinese Woman saw that they were doing a fashion shoot outside and I think she was hoping to be discovered.

Maybe It Was For A Deodorant


Are They Looking, Are They?


Sadly, she remained undiscovered. Possibly because she kept her armpits hidden away.

I Just Ignored The Whole Thing


As we continued our walk I got a new appreciation for the term 'pissing like a racehorse.'

No Racehorse, But I Got The Picture


Just A Picture Of A Scenic Street


I did manage to get some souvenier shopping done, and also picked up a tee-shirt for myself. And no, it doesn't say 'Baby Aboard.' The Mysterious Chinese Woman thinks 'Repellent All The Time.'

Stubborn And Rebellious, I Think


On Monday evening we headed down to the river area again for our rabbit and duck dinner. We stopped for a pre-dinner cocktail on the way down what I think they call the Breakneck Stairway.

An Apricot Brandy And Something


A Stinger For Bar Man, An Old Favorite


We got the same table we had the last time in the restaurant and the Mysterious Chinese Woman decided to take some 'artistic' shots.

Bar Man Preening For The Camera


We started out with what the waiter said was 'A little gift from the chef.' Kind of a black olive thing with pieces of toast.

The Chef's Gift


It went well with a beer, though. But, then, what doesn't.

Everything Goes Better With Beer


And then we had our mighty meal. Rabbit sausage, rabbit confit, shredded rabbit, duck confit, smoked duck tongue, duck pate, a nice mixture of greens and condiments, a most excellent selection. Accompanied by a nice bottle of Canadian red wine, you couldn't have asked for much more.

More Than Satisfying


Yesterday we visited a museum and tonight is the Grand Finale of the Fireworks Competition. I should be able to get caught up on my posts tomorrow. I think we are also going to go to the big market to pick up sandwich fixings for tonight and there is also a flea market there to check out. And we want to check on getting tickets for Cirque du Soleil. So much to see and do and only a few days left. It will be nice to get back to Brooklyn, though. Lot's to see there as well.

On a sadder note, a very good friend of mine and the Mysterious Chinese Woman, Fred Stabbert, passed away the other day. You may remember him if you have been following my blog. He and Shirley are the ones who live up in Callicoon. We have spent many an enjoyable day at their get-togethers and I have posted about many of them. We will miss him terribly. He was 81 and lived a very full life. I am sure he left many happy memories behind.

Here is Fred, to the right, with his good friend Art and his daughter Kathy at Fred and Shirley's Doll House Bar, number 675 on my trek towards 1000.

No comments: