Sunday, August 31, 2008

Oops!!! Another Semi-Rant

As you are probably more than aware of by now, I have been highly critical of the over-hyped "waterfalls" art installation, a 16 million dollar eye-sore in my opinion. The hours of operation will be cut in half beginning September 8th. Finally, after Parks Department officials have acknowledged that trees along the Brooklyn waterfront and Governors Island were being damaged by the saltwater spray.

Nothing like spending all of that money on something that is not only ugly, but destructive. And money that could be better spent supporting many of the talented and local artists in this city that struggle to survive.

Don't get me wrong, I love New York. But it will drive you to drink (one good thing about it). We can spend millions of dollars to put up an artistic mosaic in one subway station, but can't find the money to paint another where the old paint is literally falling from the ceiling.

Okay, I am done for now, I promise. Only nice things for awhile. Really.

No comments: