Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cyclones/Yankees Part Two

Well, it took me long enough to get here, but at long last, the game itself. In fact, it has been so long that I have forgotten the score. I do know that the Cyclones won though. That makes them 2 and 0 against the arch rival Yankees when I have been at the game.

Heading On In


As always, the seats are great, the prices are cheap, and the games are a lot of fun.

Close To The Action


Of course the best part is always the wacky mascots doing their best to embarrass a few hapless fans.

Beating On The Baldies


And it is always fun to watch a game as the barges going by.

Barges And Baseball, As American As It Gets


And, being just a big kid at heart, I always love the fireworks. And these didn't disappoint.









One of the things that I like about Puerto Vallarta is that they have a lot of fireworks. In fact, there is a "pirate ship" that goes out every night for a booze cruise and when it returns it always shoots off a few fireworks. Most of the time I can see them from my window. Of course they only last about five minutes so you have to run when you hear them start to go off.

Then it was time to get on the ferry and stand in line for what would be my last beer of the night.

Anticipation


And I had plenty of room to enjoy my beer during the return to Manhattan.

Stretchin' and Chillin'


One thing that is really nice about where I live in Brooklyn is that it is only a few blocks from so many subway lines. And just a few steps from the ferry terminal was the subway that took us right home. A very nice night, the ferry rides, dinner at the Cargo Cafe, the game, the fireworks.

No comments: