Saturday, May 24, 2008

Popping In At Pete's

Well, I still call it Pete's Waterfront Ale House, but I think the Pete's part is slowly being eliminated from the name. Just as well, I guess, because I have no idea who the hell Pete might be.

After our visit to the Cask Ale Festival at Brazen Head we decided to head to the Waterfront Ale House. I had told Jim about the dynamite Hitachino Nest Espresso Stout and he wanted to try it. I certainly wasn't adverse to this ides. When we got there we were greeted by Mary, a friendly bartender (but aren't they all, even Gaid on a good day) who has been there a long time and seems to know everyone.

Friendly Mary


We decided that a Van Gogh Double Espresso Vodka would be a good chaser for the stout and Mary obliged by serving up most healthy portions and generously topped them off when they ran low. Whew, just what we needed.

The Gang Getting Our Coffee Fix


The staff here has been wearing some new shirts that aren't yet for sale to the general public. The Mysterious Chinese Woman, however, must be special because Sam, the manager went down to the basement and found one her size which he gave her.

Oh, And Just For Me!!!


And I have to admit that it did look quite nice on her.

Delighted With Her Gift


Thank you Sam, you are most generous.

Generous Sam


We probably should have ended the day here, but that would have made too much sense. Jim said he heard the food at the Atlantic ChipShop was supposed to be good so we toddled off down the street a bit and popped in there. I will post on that another day, I have to head out to a week-end of grilling and smoking at my sister-in-law's house out in New Jersey.

No comments: