Saturday, June 04, 2005

Repeaters

I have decided to add a new category to my posts, but one that will not be abused. Sometimes there are bars that are so good that you feel the need to return even though they cannot count towards my goal of hitting a thousand in a year (it has to be a thousand different bars). Angry Wades is one of these. It is in my neighborhood so that makes it kind of a logical choice, but there are a hundred bars in my neighborhood and only a few, some of which you will see in the near future, make the cut.

Angry Wades



This place has great bartenders, a great owner, reasonable prices, and everyone always seems to have a good time. if you are ever in the neighborhood be sure to stop in. It is on the popular Smith Street (222 Smith Street at Butler Street) in Brooklyn. When I first started doing this blog I didn't write much about each of the places I visited so let me make some amends simply by saying this place has an elaborate bar and an even more elaborate set of, well there are columns and carvings and, you just have to see it, behind the bar. Great stained glass lights over the bar and in back. Big fireplace and tables across from the bar. A pool table and dartboards. Free popcorn too. Well worth the visit. This slightly out of focus (I was probably slightly out of focus myself) shot of a bit of the bar and Allysha, the bartender, gives you an idea of the fun you are likely to have here.



And check out their cool tee-shirts. The slogan on the front says it all.





Please let me know if you think including, but not counting, follow-up information on some of my favorite places that I perhaps did not cover adequately the first time around is in keeping with the spirit of this blog.

4 comments:

cyan said...

Anyone know if Angry Wades has a website? I tried looking it up but could not find one. I really dig that shirt.

Brad said...

I think repeaters shouldn't count toward your grand total but I love to hear about why they are worthy for you to re-visit them.

Bar Man said...

Cyan, Angry Wades doesn't have a website that I am aware of, sorry. But you won't regret it if you have to stop in to get your shirt.

Kosmo, repeaters will never count towards my total. Bar Man doesn't have many standards, but that is one of them.

Bar Man said...

Lurching across the Brooklyn Bridge doesn't make you a Bar Woman, but having to buy clean underwear when you reach the other side does.