Sunday, January 09, 2005

A Sunny Sunday

Today it was sunny. A welcome change from yesterday's rain. Still cold but not that bad and I didn't go very far. I took my wife to brunch and we stopped at one other bar for a grand total of two today. But that is what I had planned upon.

39) Jolie

This is a very nice French restaurant, but not overly fancy. It is on Atlantic Avenue, not far from where I live. Before brunch I had a glass of Montes Cabernet Sauvignon at the bar so I would not compromise upon my drink at a bar philosophy. The bartender was very pleasant and lived in the neighborhood. She seemed interested in my journey so I passed along this blog address.

I had an oxtail terraine appetizer and steak tartare for brunch. My wife had a lamb shank. All the food was excellent and we have most of the lamb shank in the refrigerator so I can have it for lunch tomorrow.

40) Downtown Atlantic

Just a couple of blocks away on Atlantic, towards Hank's Saloon, is this nice bar and restaurant. I sat at the bar and had a Maker's Mark Manhattan and my wife had a cup of tea and a slice of their chocolate-marble cheese-cake. Various critics claim this cheese cake is even better than Junior's, a Brooklyn institution. I can't say for certain, I would need a side by side comparison to be sure. But damn, I will have to say this was one good piece of cheese cake.

The Manhattan was pleasant and the atmosphere was as well, but I don't think I would make this a regular haunt as far as a bar to drink at goes.

Well, I did my nut for the day and have now hit 40 bars. A nice round number leaving me with a mere 960 to go. I think I will just veg out on the sofa and watch the Vikings/Packers game this afternoon. Being from Minneapolis, Minnesota I will naturally root for the Vikings, even though I think Randy Moss is one of the biggest buffoons in the game, his talent not-withstanding. But, he is oh-so-cute with those big diamond earrings. Maybe Randy hasn't figured out that there is no "I" in team, but he has sure figured out that if you drop a couple of letters and rearrange what is left you can get a "me" out of it.

3 comments:

plasticdoc said...

Hi:, Just came across your blog. Intersting post and good looking site. I'm definitely going to visit again! I recently set up a new website just about San Diego dentists There are a lot of interesting dental articles. We will also feature Tijuana dentists If you have the time, please stop by and let us know how we can improve the site. Bob

Aidan Longacre said...

If you are impaired please contact our Designated Driver in Philadelphia. We are a Designated Driver Service in Philadelphia, PA 19106

Aidan Longacre said...

If you are impaired please contact our Designated Driver in Philadelphia. We are a Designated Driver Service in Philadelphia, PA 19106